Friday, April 22, 2011

drumroll please!

after six months, i've finally finished THE BABY BOOK! well, i started it six months ago, but i can't say i spent the entire six months labouring away. it took me a good month to sketch out the concepts for each page. then the cutting, and the sewing, and the embroidery... but the most difficult part for me was coming up with dynamic environments for each setting. also, i took a couple of breaks from this project, to work on painting/decorating/setting up my house, and a preparing for a few fun birthdays :)

anyways, the pictures!





i like this one, but i was a little disappointed that the pink cloud doesn't line up exactly. it's something i'll need to be more careful and aware of the next time.

i had a lot of trouble with this one. i'm not super satisfied with the apes, and it took me a long time to figure out how to create a simple, yet effective image that conveyed the jungle.




one of my favourites, but again, the cloud doesn't line up :/

my favourite page!!
i prefer the monkey on this page, to one on the 'ape' page. i was blatantly inspired by the barrel of monkeys toys!




the end! i was in such a hurry that i forgot to stitch the author's name, but whatever! i brought it to work yesterday, and my co-worker/client absolutely loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment